September 4, 2012

Eric Turns 27!

One of our favorite things to do here in Tucson is host people in our home for food and fun so what better reason to gather and eat than a birthday—Eric’s birthday! At first this was just going to be a casual gathering of friends and it’s hard to get friends together in the summer in Tucson because everyone heads to cooler temperatures for their vacations. Then as the idea progressed in my mind and I walked the aisles of Target, I decided to add a little theme to the party. I stood in front of the party section and deliberated between Star Wars and Avengers and finally settled on an Avengers theme due to our enjoyment of all of the Avenger heroes movies including the most recent one. My friend, Jenn, agreed to make a cake that looked like Captain America's shield because Captain America is Eric's favorite Avenger.



We had a great time eating yummy cake, playing games and celebrating Eric. I am so thankful for God's gift of Eric to me as my husband. Pregnancy has been a challenge on my body at times and Eric has been so kind and gentle to get me anything I need, encourage me when I'm discouraged and pray for me when I'm feeling crummy. He goes to work every day and works hard to provide for us. He has also been studying a lot to get more certifications so he can provide for us on one income. I am continually amazed by his tireless efforts to serve me, our church, his co-workers and his friends and usually always with his great sense of humor and encouraging and humble spirit. I know he will be a great dad and I can't wait for him to meet his son or daughter.




Speaking of son or daughter, it's hard to believe that we are almost at the half-way point until Baby Reinhold's arrival! In the month of July we had a doctor's appointment that gave us the chance to hear his/her heartbeat for the first time and that was a blessing to us after 7 weeks of illness and physical fatigue. In the beginning of September we will go for our ultrasound to find out the gender and make sure everything is growing the way it is supposed to. God has been teaching me continually about trusting Him with each day of our baby's life and I am thankful for the assurance of knowing that His presence and love will be with us no matter the circumstances of our lives.
Stay tuned for photos from our next party...also with a theme but one you probably haven't seen before!  

No comments: