Eric and I had a great summer after transitioning out of GAP and into our new 9-5 jobs. Although we do not have the freedom to take 5 days trips anymore, we still enjoyed a few weddings, family vacation, and I got to visit San Diego with some girlfriends from church. We have also spent time investing our gifts into our church and are grateful for the friendships that we are building in our local church body. I have joined the worship team and am playing the keyboard 2 to 3 times a month while Eric is contributing his graphic artist skills and helping with the church's website. He also practices his guitar during worship practice because he wants to learn to lead worship with me in the future.
In June we celebrated our 2 year anniversary in a town called Prescott, AZ. We stayed at a B&B and went horseback riding on Saturday morning. It was a blast! We both had a great time. That evening we ate at a nice restaurant and then watched the town's local bluegrass festival for a while. The town reminded us of being back home in New England with all the quaint shops and a town square where everyone gathered to watch a live band. On Sunday we spent some time at a lake before heading back home to Tucson. God has truly been faithful to us through 2 years of marriage and we are anticipating great things for year 3!
July started a wedding marathon. It began with my trip to Rochester, NY to see my cousin, Jennifer get married. I went by myself and ended up sitting on a plane in Chicago for 4 hours due to inclement weather. I thought I wasn't going to make it at all! It was a whirlwind of a weekend and very tiring but I was so grateful to have the chance to see my family even briefly.
August was the busiest month of all. We were invaded by a clan of Reinholds--4 from New Hampshire and 1 from Houston with his now fiance, Karen. We all drove up to the Grand Canyon together and spent 2 days soaking up the beautiful scenery and time together as family. The highlight of the trip was Eric's older brother, Dan proposing to Karen during sunset at the canyon. Eric and I are thrilled to invite Karen into the family and I am excited for my first Reinhold sister to join us on December 11th, 2010.
After the Reinholds went home, I began to study to take my test to be licensed in property and casualty insurance--something I would have never foreseen but will help with my job at State Farm. I took a 3 day class, studied hard, took a practice test and got up early on a Monday morning to take my exam. I had to get higher than a 70 and I got a 69 on my practice test. Needless to say, I was rather nervous but God was gracious and I passed with an 80! Phew!
Later in August, the wedding marathon continued with Eric flying east by himself to be the best man in his friend, Joe Zoller's wedding. Eric marveled at God's grace to his friend on this wonderful day and reminded Joe and Elisa to keep Christ the King at the center of their marriage. I am so sad to have missed the beautiful day and my husband giving his toast but I got to see the happy couple when we both flew to New Hampshire two weekends later for another wedding. This time I played the piano even though I couldn't be there in time for the rehearsal. We also got to visit the ocean and see the Adlers and Reinholds on that trip which was a blessing and made for a great weekend.


Although it was fabulous to witness such beautiful weddings and see family, traveling over 3-day weekends was quite exhausting and we are grateful to have a break on our bodies and wallets before we travel to Houston in December when we will both be participating in Dan and Karen's wedding. For now, we have settled into a routine and have joined some recreational activities that are fun and good outlets for our respective interests and gifts. Eric is playing on an indoor soccer team comprised of mostly church friends and I have started singing with the University of Arizona's Community Chorus which meets once a week for rehearsal and gives two concerts a semester. It is a joy to be singing again and also very fun for me to see Eric play soccer. I've only ever heard about his skills but had never seen them in action.
We continue to be amazed at God's grace to us and by His grace, our hearts are continually being shaped to desire His glory and His name to go forth rather than our own. The glory belongs to Him for His faithfulness and goodness to us!
1 comment:
It's so great to see you two enjoying marriage and serving the Lord wholeheartedly. Seems like you're just in love as when we did STEP and you were a newly engaged couple.
Lots of love to you both
Emmeline
Post a Comment