June 21, 2010

Spartan Warriors

This week I started a workout program called "Spartan Warrior Intense Battle Training". I am grateful to my lifting buddies and to God that each morning when I wake up and go to the gym I am not going by myself. I told my wife I was starting this program and she admitted I was getting a little chubby. (see photos)

Getting a gym membership in itself was an adventure because it is one of the few American purchases in which you can still haggle over the price. I had to go back three times to try to renegotiate my deal. I ended up saving $10 a month after several rounds of negotiation. The starting deal was $30 a month ending deal was $20 a month.

So here I am in this somewhat indecent photo. All 16o pounds of me with my 12 inch biceps. My sweetie pie measured my belly out to be 33 inches, 2 inches rounder than my waist. And I have 22 inch thunder thighs and not really any abs. At the beginning of the program I can bench 155 pounds 8 times, do 10 squats at 155 pounds and do 20 pull ups. That is my starting point. I hope I go up from here. I am taking protien twice a day, taking a multivitamin, and lifting 5 times a week for an hour. May we all become chiseled for battle.

1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

Feel very good about yourself. Your starting point is my goal for a year from now.