November 4, 2009

Halo Costumes

On our most recent break Bethany and I set out to create some cool Halloween costumes. Long story short we spent too much time on the costumes but they turned out pretty well. We created full body suits of armor from Halo, the video game, and went as the Master Chief. The suits were created with cardboard, gorilla glue, brass fasteners, and paint. There is a lot of help online for anyone who wants to build Halo Spartan Armor.

We got the cardboard at a local McDonald's. It was a lot of work cutting and gluing! It took us 3 days!

Bethany's excitement about the project came in waves. I think she is mostly worried in this picture.

Here we are starting to get more optimistic about our Halloween appearance. Only painting is left to do!

At least we won first prize in the costume contest and now have Halo costumes for keeps. We were able to fit all the armor in one box and put it in storage.

1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

These were the best costumes ever. I love the fact that you did them together and made a memory of it, too. I respect your marriage very much. Thank you for being an example of Christ and the church for Shirley and me.