Last weekend was a difficult and stressful time at Splash 2. I was sick, had two babies to take care of and was my first time doing respite at this house. My wife and I went to bed crying on one night and not happy on another night. We were crying out to God to get us through to our next break. But in the middle of this I got to talk to one of the teenage boys. As soon as I came over this teenage boy brought me into his room to show me where he had stashed some condoms and talked to me about how he wants to be a gangster. God provided for me the opportunity to share with him about how sex, girls, drugs, and selfish living is empty... but Jesus Christ is the one who truly gives life. By the look on his face it seemed he heard what I was saying.
Then the next day we had a check in while my wife took some kids to the football game because I was sick. While they were gone I got to share the gospel with the new girl. She ended up looking up videos on YouTube about God changing peoples lives, people being raised from the dead, and Jesus Christ's forgiveness of sin. After each video she would say, "Wow, that is cool." She has continued to have some good conversations with the hosue parents. While I was sharing with her another girl who was home at the time said, "You are not a Christian? I love Jesus!" I can only imagine this is God working through the house parents. My wife also got to share the gospel with the two other boys.
I want to end with this verse from Colossians 1:6. "All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood God's grace in all its truth."
I want to end with this verse from Colossians 1:6. "All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood God's grace in all its truth."
Prayers: We need God to give us His perspective again and again to go through trials to build His kingdom and reach out to these rough kids! Otherwise we will not make the sacrifices. This job can be very hard.
Praises: God provided chances to share about Him and the gospel this week. And my wife was led by the Holy Spirit to share as well! Pray for God to open the eyes of these kids to the truth.
1 comment:
Awesome! Praise the Lord.
Post a Comment