August 11, 2009

Goodwill Is Fully Awesome

Eric and I frequently visit our local Goodwill when we are need of an item that we think we could get used for a great deal. A few pieces of our furniture have come from there as well as halloween costumes and some of Eric's clothes. Today we visited because we decided to get a flat screen monitor to set up a desktop in our new apartment. We had seen one at Goodwill before but didn't have a chance to test it to see if it worked. It did work and it cost us $85.00. Come to find out, it's a $400 monitor! http://http//www.chicagocomputersupply.com/sosd17lcdmor.html

The next thing we looked for was a suit jacket for Eric because he is ushering at a friend's wedding this weekend and needs to have a jacket for the event. I was doubtful about this find because they all seemed to be XL or XXL. When I brought Eric over to show him the jackets, however, he put the first one on that I showed him and it fit perfectly! It also is a perfect match for his one pair of dress pants so we were excited to pay $7 for a suit jacket.

After this exciting find, I decided to go on a hunt to get him some new jeans because his have ripped. He tried on the first pair I gave him which looked great in my opinion and we both liked them a lot. I then decided to find him a polo shirt to go with his cool new jeans. He likes bright colors so we picked a green one. The jeans and polo shirt were also $7 each. Not bad! We came home and I cut his hair and then took some pictures. I think he looks pretty darn good!

Thank you Jesus that we did not have to pay $80 for a new suit jacket and we found a great monitor for our apartment.

2 comments:

Jeremiah said...

Awesome deals! Don't you just love getting stuff dirt cheap, but people think you are well off?

Dan and Hilary said...

pretty darn good is right, pretty darn good!