March 24, 2010

Because He Loves Me

This morning I dressed my hubby up really nice because he has an interview at 2:00 this afternoon for a job that he would love to have. I'm writing a small tribute to him while he goes for this interview. Here he is looking ready to be hired:

Eric has been working hard over the past couple months to get a job that he would enjoy and so far he has been turned down over and over. Despite his discouragment, he went out the door today fully prepared to sell himself and convince the Arizona Children's Association that they should hire him to work on their computers. This job fits his skill set perfectly and also matches his experience over the past 18 months doing computer work for a social service organization. Our prayer is that whether we hear "yes" or "no", we would trust that it is for our good and for God's glory.

Besides being good with computers, Eric is also a wonderful husband. I am reminded of this in small ways every day but this week I have been reminded in big ways. On Saturday I went to Urgent Care because I felt terrible and had been coughing with pain in my chest for almost a week. They gave me antibiotics and wrote "bronchitis" on the diagnosis line. Eric has been very patient with all my coughing fits and let me lay on the couch and do nothing while my body recovered.

Yesterday he came with me to a spring training game downtown where the Rockies train. If you know Eric, then you know that he would rather watch football than baseball but he came along and sat with me through 6 innings of a spring training game. We left when the temperature hit 60 degrees and the rain started falling. It started off warm and sunny but things changed quickly.



We also designated last night as "Eric's date night" which meant it was his job to plan the evening including dinner. I do this a lot because I like making nice meals and then following up with a movie or something but this time it was his turn. Although I knew the menu, I was met with an amazing array of tastes in my mouth when this was on my plate:

Yes, those are king crab legs, spears of asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes. Yummy! We had a great time together cracking open crab legs and savoring their wonderful flavor.


One of my friends wrote to me the other day and said, "It sounds like you have married well" and indeed I have married very very well! I am thankful to God for Eric and his kindness, patience, hard work, love for the Lord, and sense of humor.
Hopefully this blog will be followed up with some great news about a new job for my husband. Please keep praying for us as we finish working for GAP and we venture into new territory as a married couple.

2 comments:

Mrs. C said...

It's so good to get an update! Sounds like date night was super fun (love your Thai coke shirt btw) and the menu looked fabulous! You are Eric are in our prayers! Hope the interview was successful!

Chris & Amy said...

Awww this is too cute! Thanks for sharing! I love the pictures of you guys with your crab legs!! hehehe!