March 12, 2009

House Fun

Here are two little videos that show some of the fun moments we have at houses. Again remember we cannot show faces otherwise we could show you a lot more of the fun we have.

This first video is when some Javelinas came looking to eat some trash we had neglected to empty. They made a big mess! For this video we were indoors shooting outside because Javelinas actually can be pretty dangerous if they get angry and decide to charge. So be careful! But we had some fun shooting them from the safety of inside the house.

This second video is a video of launching model rockets. It has been so long since I have launched a model rocket. It was really fun!

Praises: We have arranged our schedule so we can start taking church membership classes. I was sick yesterday and a friend prayed for me and now I feel much better! I have to confess that I was sort of doubting God would answer his prayer because of times in the past that I have not felt any better. But not this time, God really seemed to intervene and make me feel better! Bethany had a group of girls over yesterday and enjoyed the chocolate fountain with them!

Prayers: Bethany and I are wrestling with some of the theology in our membership classes such as "double predestination" and "reprobation". In the past I have always taken the path of A. W. Tozer or C. S. Lewis who conclude resolution on matters of free will and predestination are not our responsibility to resolve. But because we are looking to join a church which often incorporates TULIP theology into their teaching I feel obligated to look into these questions again. Perhapes I will post on this again later. We also are starting at a house which we have not been to in a while. The house has a new teen girl who seems to antagonize everyone in the house to do their worst. Please pray for order, fun, health, learning, and revelation of Christ both for the kids and us. Your prayers make a difference! Thanks for much for praying!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love you both ... glad your joy is overflowing and affectious with the kids.

-Dan

Chris & Amy said...

We are excited you guys are taking the class and it's great to know you are taking things seriously. Issues can be hard to grasp and understand- but we pray God will be glorified in the class no matter what. We will keep you guys in our prayers! And thanks for the yummy chocolate fountain- it was SOOO fun and delicious!!