October 23, 2008

More Tough News

Alas, I was hoping to be able to post pictures of our adventures over the next two weeks since we have time off and the weather is now a decent temperature to go exploring. Instead, we received the deflating news today that Eric has mono. Our hopes were high that it was just going to be strep throat and he would receive a good treatment and be recovered in no time. The doctors, rather, said "Sorry guys" and sent us on our way. The only treatment is fluid and sleep. We immediately composed a shopping list which included more fluids, more throat losanges, more Vitamin C for me and a DVD player so that he can watch movies. Now we just have to work on the TV part but we may be able to borrow one from a friend.

I'd have to say that both of our spirits are somewhat low from this news. We are fortunate that we don't have work scheduled for two weeks because it may take that long for him to be feeling up to work again. Our supervisor is trying to figure out coverage for the house we were supposed to go to this weekend and I may have to do it with another person for the two days. Fortunately, it is close by so I would be able to make frequent checks on him.

For now, his resting place is on our futon which folds out into a nice full size bed. Pray for him to be able to sleep as much as possible so that he can recover soon and pray for my protection against the virus. No kissing for a while! =(

1 comment:

The Huck's said...

I'm sorry to hear Eric's not feeling well :( I hope he feels better real soon!